To The Islands.

Koh Samui Travel Blog

No food for me. Not risking it incase my stomach explodes. Drove through spectacular scenery once again. Cor more amazing stuff, here we go again. Talked to two french girls in the transport van. had recently arrived. Fell victim to Thai bullshit when they were told in Phuket that there were no more buses to Koh Sok that day and ended up paying 50pounds for a 3 hour taxi ride to the National Park. It became sunnier the closer we got to the sea. Jumped on a ferry and fell asleep in the sunshine. Taxi prices on the island are crazy. 5pounds each for a 10 minute ride. Staying in a nice spot with a private beach. Water is lovely and warm but as i expected my eardrum had burst after that Thai massage & water entered my ear during the swim which was painful and pissed me off. Dusk was beautiful on the island & i eased my way back into eating with a bacon sandwich and chips - oh so western. Visited what was supposedly one of the top 10 beaches in the world but was very tacky and dense with tourists & backpackers. A bar was blasting drum and bass and the main street was packed with fast food outlets and bars with football. This really wasn't Thailand. Blokes were going up to foreigners and planting monkeys and falcons on them and trying to sell them a polaroid picture. Young girls hanging onto you trying to get you to purchase a flower necklace. Scrapped that and headed back to have a cool drink on the beach by our spot. Lightning was in the far distance and there was a clear sky. I fell asleep while others swam and chatted before finding my way to my bed.
Koh Samui