A Day of Rain.

Melbourne Travel Blog

My first day of rain for a while. It was quite nice actually. We hit the market which had some amazing produce, especially the fruit and meat sections which were pretty wicked. I love street markets, they are so much better than bloody supermarkets & it was cool just strolling around. We walked through the City to the shops by Southern Cross Station and spent a good 1.5hours in my sister's favourite shop, Abercrombie and Fitch, where she splashed out on clothing. Without my ipod and the pretty shop assistants i would never have survived the ordeal. Plus i got a $2 tee out of it. Me & Lara walked in the rain to an internet cafe before heading back to the hotel. We managed to get ourselves lost and very confused. In the pouring rain we wondered the streets, and at one stage stood right by the hotel, our eyes searching the buildings along the street, positive that we were close but unable to recognise that in fact we were a meter from the hotel. We spent the night at a restaurant where i had a perfect steak along with some fine Aussie red. The food in Melbourne is truly top stuff. These are the kind of meals i was craving in SE Asia. Mashed sweet potato and steak in a red wine and blackberry jus. Damn. Walked back extremely satisfied and rested my content body on the hotel bed while watching Adventureland, and then sunk into sleep.
Melbourne