A Day of Nothing.

Hanoi Travel Blog

We arrived in Hanoi as the sun rose. I hopped on a moto, paid for him to take me to the Drift Backpackers hostel where i had made a booking. He decided against it and dropped me off at some other spot. Luckily the girl working at this other hostel was real helpful and friendly. She called up my hostel, and arranged for a cab to pick me up. Which is nice at 6.30 in the morning when you are knackered. The hostel was pretty sweet with helpful staff including an Aussie chick and other travelers who had snatched up jobs there. I started to feel ill. My body felt heavy and my head ached, putting me in agony when i attempted to stand. I thought against winging Sapa on my own. I was tired, sick and just didn't have the energy. So i booked a trip managing to save $20. It was still a lot on money for a budget traveler, costing $110 for a 2day, 3night trip. I curled up on the sofa in the movie room, watching some emotive movie called "Men of Honor" and wishing myself to get better. The minibus picked me up that night at 8pm and fortunately i felt fine (thankyou paracetamol). Three Aussie girls (mother and two daughters) were on the same trip and were also going on the same Halong Bay trip as me afterward so I would be with them for the next 5days. Which is cool as they are real nice guys. We got to the station, i bought a big plain baguette before we got on the train. It was fancy stuff. Much nicer than the overnight trains i took in Thailand. Soft pillows and a heavy blanket. The train ran smooth and i slept incredibly well. I haven't had such a nice duvet since leaving home!
photo by: mario26