Back to Bloody Bangkok.

Bangkok Travel Blog

Arrived at 4.30am at Mochit bus station in bangkok. A taxi driver immediately tried to secure my sale. He would take me to Ko San road. How much i asked. 300b. I smirked and shook my head. I caught the local bus for 20b and sipped on an orange juice. I ate the chocolate waffle biscuity thing i was given last night on the bus. Ooh it was good. Back to shitty Ko San road where the early morning smell of piss is rich and still drunk backpacker hang around the street, dirty ladyboys wink and laugh at you-offering their services while street vendors sell pad thai to the early birds. Needless to say, i went straight to a known hotel, paid for a room and dumped my stuff. Had a good long hot shower, chilled out and slept. I'm in Ko San purely because it is central, gives me cheap access to internet and is easy to organise ongoing travel. I bought my mini-bus ticket to the airport. Leaving at 4.00am tomorrow. I love having a good book to read. I have a quality thriller at the moment which i am reading far too quickly and can't wait to get back too. That's another part of traveling i love, the reading. I need to read more at home but for some reason i never do. Walking down KoSan you get random Thai's and Indian's saying "my friend", you ignore them as usual but they still try to catch your attention and say "i'm not selling anything, do you want to know why you are lucky?". Which is strange. I didn't want to know why i was lucky. I already know. Tailor's ask you as you walk by "So what color do you want?" or "So when are you going to buy a suit from me?" Their business acumen is seriously lacking. I had a serious session on the internet. Literally half the day sorting mainly my blog out. I treated myself cheaply by hitting the 7/11 and buying ice-cream, fruit juice, yogurt drink, crackers and cookies. Really loaded myself up. I found a book on economic growth for some continued background reading before i start my course next year. Wondered the street, eying pieces of clothing and other products i wouldn't mind purchasing. But i headed back to my room, having another shower just to get that freshly showered feeling and lay in bed, reading and eating and drinking. Then, food and drink scattered around me and book open on my face I fell asleep.
photo by: halilee