The Ancient Capital.

Luang Prabang Travel Blog

The Swedish girls were nowhere to be seen again. They had obviously spent the night at the Aussie guys spot. I took the tuktuk to the bus station where our "VIP" bus to Luang Prabang set off from. It wasn't VIP. It was a shitty local bus that could barely make it up the hills. But the company was good. Two swedish guys i had met earlier on in Vang Vieng were on and a cool Aussie bloke as well. I had my menthos and water and was good to go. The trip was most certainly worth during the day. It was only 160km but took us 7hours. 6.5hours were winding mountain roads that eventually made me feel a little queezy and made other throw up but it was so worth it. The scenery was some of the most spectacular i had seen so far. So dramatic and unreal. Seemed fake at times. Once we hit the straight road it felt so good. We arrived just as it grew dark and found a guesthouse that had literally just opened. The promotional price was good but it still smelt of paint and varnish but it was fine. Showered and walked through the night market. Like Hoi An, the city has a lovely atmosphere to it. Many tourists/travellers/backpackers but still wonderful. Bought a cheap baguette filled with unrecognisable stuff for 5000d. Veggie stalls in the food section offered 5000d all you can load plates. The setting of the City is beautiful, settled along the Mekong. The lights are soft and the air rich with smells. I had an early night.
Luang Prabang