The final days in Brasil

Manaus Travel Blog

So i sailed back to Manaus with a few mozzie bites (40), a slight hangover and a real sense of achievement.  The sun was shining though and Manaus certainly looked and felt nicer than when we left it.  The shower in the hostel was certainly refreshing and most needed!

So here i sit, having eaten more Acai than there were days (although none in Manaus :( ), spent time on some of the worlds best beaches, partied at THE biggest street party in the world, visited one of the world´s most beautiful cities and visited the lungs of the world -  Brazil has been an experience i´ll never forget.  I´m pleased i ended it here in the Jungle where the desire to come to Latin America started.  It´s been a strange time being here in amongs the poverty and the beauty but it´s a mix i´m starting to understand more.

Tomorrow I leave for Tabatinga, a port not far from Leticia in Colombia which is my next and final country to visit in South America.  I hopefully saved the best for last if reports are correct.  However I need to survive a 7 day boat trip up the Rio Negro first.  So having spent the day shopping for hammocks and food, packing my bags and spending my last reais all that´s left is to find my sea legs.

Colombia here i come!