Taganga sunrises

Taganga Travel Blog

Sunset over the beach
It´s true it doesn´t have the best beach and Sensations and Mirador are the only options for nightlife, but it´s hard to leave this place.  I think it may have something to do with the fact that Maria makes amazing fruit juices, you can wander down to a Carribbean beach (even if it´s not the best one you´ve been to), Patrick cooks for you every night and the lovely lady next door washes all your clothes and they come back smelling better than they did when they were new.  Ah travelling is tough.

So post Tayrona we spent the last few days in Taganga with me at DAS (The immigration services here in Colombia) trying to extend my visa as i´m not ready to leave yet.  Extending a Visa is usually a really simple process if you´re a tourist.
Taganga sunrise
  But as my Tourist visa expored and i´m technically now travelling on a student visa it makes things more complicated.  I can only get one extension to my stay for 30 days at a cost of $42,500 COP (around 14 GBP) which is cheaper than a tourist extension but means i can only get it done the last day of my visa.  A risky business as if they say no i have to leave the same day.  Fortunately they decided i was an upstanding citizen (they don´t read this  blog!) and extended my stay but only after i visited the offices four times and made friends with teh security guards.  So much so the last time they made me breakfast!

So with a visa in hand we paid our dues to Taganga, with it´s dusty streets, colectivos that speed through the streets taking us to Santa Marta for money and Exito runs and of course the incredible sunsets.  Our last night we spent in Santa Marta at La Puerta dancing the night away when we decided that it was only fitting to spend our last night on the balcony of Mirador watching a Taganga sunrise.

I´ll leave you with pictures of the place we all seem to get stuck.  Vamos a Cartegena!
Taganga sunrise
Mackie these are for you!
Mackie these are for you!
John and his well worn golf shoes!
John and his well worn golf shoes!
Ladies night with Gee and Lucy
Ladies night with Gee and Lucy
Felipe doing handstands on the bar…
Felipe doing handstands on the ba…
My friends at DAS!