Gorgeous Granada

Granada Travel Blog

After a thrill seeking and crazy few days in Leon, Shaun, Max, Ruth, Jamie and I decided to head off to another city and see more of the country.  We took a mini van through Tegucialpa (do not stop here for any reason!) and headed straight to Granada.  Reminiscent of Antigua I fell in love with it here almost immediately.  A wonderful central square and lots of great places to visit.

The days were sunny and clear and the views from Merdad Church showed just how pretty the city is.  Full of charm!  I took the time to explore, get a little bit of pampering at Hotel Spa ($25 for a facial and some sorting out below - bargain!) and found an amazing school for Yoga called Pure which charged $5 for an hour and a half Asthanga class.  I felt practically Virtuous!

One of the highlights of the city is visiting the nearby 5 volcanoes and i bumped into an old friend Molly and went out with her and a group of others to the masaya Markets, Volcano and lava caves for $25.  The volcano used to be a super Volcano that last blew in the 1800's and created 5 smaller craters of which some are filled with grass, others with rocks and other with suplhar gases - Rotorua in New Zealand came back in the smell! The lava caves were amazing and as you went through the chambers you got to see the lava in the Volcano - not sure how safe it really is but it was very cool.  I liked our outfits too, maybe I could rock this in Hoxton when i'm back?

The Cathedral
The Cathedral
Colourful Granada
Colourful Granada
The Cathedral in the background
The Cathedral in the background
Ruth, Me, Jamie, Max and Sean at t…
Ruth, Me, Jamie, Max and Sean at …
Where am I?
Where am I?
Hmmmmmmmm
Hmmmmmmmm
Granada Hotels & Accommodations review
Beautiful place to stay! Clean lovely beds, lots of lockers, great showers, beautiful courtyard and great location. Don't go anywhere else!!!
Granada