Final reflections

London Travel Blog

After two months home I am now sat in Heathrow airport at Terminal 3 waiting for a plane to Stockholm. It was in this very airport 13 months ago that I took the first and most difficult step of getting on the plane to start an adventure.  I had no idea where it would lead but I knew it was something I had to do.

A lot has changed since then for me.  I've decided to step away from the rat race and I'm freelancing and looking at other ways to earn a living whilst staying true to myself.  I've found an inner peace and calmness that I always knew was there, I just had no idea how to tap into.

I'm continuing my Spanish lessons and have made contact with the Latino community in London as a way to stay connected to a continent I can not leave emotioanlly.  I think I was always Latino underneath, I just needed to go there to realise!

The passion and vibrancy of Latin America is the thing I miss most, even now, though I'm not sad to be back home.  I'm amongst the people I love and I'm blessed to have such amazing people in my life.  I have incredible friends around the globe who thanks to Facebook I have a way to stay in touch with and remind myself of the incredible adventurtes and journeys we had.

I'd say to anyone who has ever thought or wished to travel to Latin America, don't just think it do it.  I was a ten year old girl who dreamt about it and it took me until I became a 28 year old woman to achieve it and I don't regret a second of the wait.  It's an experience of a lifetime and if you want any tips or help just write and I'm happy to share my memories, tips and live vicariously through you as you plan your adventure.

So this is the sign off, for now at least.  But watch this space.  There's so much more to come!

London