Cerati Concert

Buenos Aires Travel Blog

I was very lucky to get the chance to see one of Argentina´s icons, Cerati play live in BA.  My old friend Nick who i´d met in Oz 10 years ago had emailed me about a month before inviting me along and fortunately i was able to get to BA in time.  The concert was rained off the first night due to heavy rain (yep it rains here too ... lots!) but it made it the next night.

Unfortunately i´d had rather a large night on the Saturday night. As the concert was rained off Nick took me around the city showing me the sights and sounds of some of the nicest bars and restaurants in Palermo and then we watched his brother´s band play (who by the way were invited by John Lennon´s family to play in Europe!).  After which i ventured out to meet Maggie at a party on top of a hairdressers .

Feeling better ... just about
... so by Sunday afternoon i was a little shaky.  I´d spent the day in San Telmo at the Antique market and had eaten a dodgy empanada on the street.  So when i got to the concert the empanada repeated on me, rather ferociously and rather embarrasingly.  Not a great way to repay Nick for taking me to the concert!  I blame the empanada and not the big night out of course.

The concert was fantastic though, a great show and he was on for around 3 hours!  It was however quite strange to see someone i had no idea about and knew none ofthe songs.  Nick had to translate most of it for me but i now have some of his music on my iPod so hopefully it will all become clear to me as i travel the rest of South America!

Nick´s brother´s band
Nick´s brother´s band
At 6am in a hairdressers!
At 6am in a hairdressers!
Cerrati
Cerrati
Catching up with Nick after 2 year…
Catching up with Nick after 2 yea…