Celebrate good times

Taganga Travel Blog

SMel ... yo tengo un camiseta negra
As every traveller knows the time comes when you have to say goodbye to a place or person.  And so it is.  On my 8 month travelling anniversary I had to say goodbye to my third travelling buddy Seb.  So it was back to Taganga for our final hoorah together.

We unfortunately weren´t able to have one of Patrick´s amazing meals as the Casa Felipe kitchen is closed on Tuesday, so we had some farcial debarcle at Casa Holanda.  DO NOT GO THERE!!!!  Upon entry we were informed by a waiter that there was no 2 for 1 on cocktails as someone had smashed all the spirits the night before (now i know why!).  We asked instead for 2 for 1 on wine and beers which they agreed to.  Twice.
Luis playing his tunes
  Half way through the mal they came to us and said that they never offered two for one on anything and that we had misunderstood.  No way, Jose!  We refused to pay the bill and got a fair way with the arguement only to have the police called and them make us pay, despite seeing our point.  The waiter had also run home so couldn´t be questionned.  Not suprising when faced with 14 angry backpackers.  Humpf!

After the excitement of the meal died down the rest of the night unfolded in true Colombian style.  Luis gave us a final Colombian blessing and a fitting one at that as we have taken Colombia to our hearts as much as they have welcomed us.  The aguardiente was liberally poured, the music at Mirador played and there was a Taganga sunrise to remember.  Or just about.

In honour of Smel I´d like to say

"Si, si claro, es obvio no?"

Buena suerte chico, hasta pronto.
With Lizzy and Belinda