Bye Bye Michelle.....:(

Salta Travel Blog

Maggie, Me, Amy and Lisa enjoying a mojito!

It was good to get back to Salta and Hostel del Centro, it felt like coming home.  Such a nice feeling to have when you´re so far from your actual home.  Pulling into the city on a Friday night was a smart move too as Salta parties at the weekend and we were ready to practice our reggaton moves!  That night we hit Belcarse street, it´s a tree lined long avenue filled with cool bars, clubs, restaurants and hundreds of people dressed to kill.  Outside tables buzzing with people, inside the bar live acts performing - one killer jazz singer who floored us with her voice - it was so different to home and such a cool environment.  We met up with my friend from La Paz Lisa and decided to branch outside of our Malbec drinking for the night and try their mojitos and we weren´t disappointed .

1,2,3,4 you know you want me!
.. we danced until 6am so they definately did something right!

The next day slightly hungover we signed up to go to an Estancia and go horseriding.  We arrived to find our host was a gregarious Spanish Gaucho who was only happy when your glass was overflowing with wine.  Rather dangerous when you´re about to spend the afternoon on the back of a horse, but when in Argentina!!! The place was beautiful with rolling hills, mountains in the background and fields for miles.  The horses were great too and it was a lovely ride through forests and a river.  That was until the rain came.  Now i´m not talking spitting or light rain, i´m talking big fat rain droplets worthy of an Indian Monsoon falling for over an hour and a half whilst we were riding.

Post horseriding... brrrrrr!
  I don´t think i´ve ever been so wet in my life!  I think my horse suffered too as his footing was pretty precarious ... or maybe he got a glass of the Gaucho´s vino?  I was very glad when it was over and we could go back to the hostel!

Back at the hostel we had our first ASADO.  Now, the way Maggie and I love wine is nothing compared to the way Argentinans love meat.  An ASADO is an Argentinan BBQ with every type of meat you can imagine in abundance.  There were 10 people eating hunks of meat that made it look like the hostel had a slaughterhouse out back and couldn´t keep up with demand.  I´ve never seen anything like it.  I had a vegetarian version full of veggies which was heaven for me but looked rather paltry in comparison to the meat feast that was going on!  It was our last night in Salta and our last night with Michelle who i´ve travelled with since Quito so it was only fitting that we dance and drink the night away in the style we´d become accostomed to .... "1,2,3,4 You know you Want Me ......".  Bye bye Michelle, bye bye Salta and Mendoza here we come!

Maggie, Me, Amy and Lisa enjoying …
Maggie, Me, Amy and Lisa enjoying…
Horseriding before the rain