Adios naughties!

Buenos Aires Travel Blog

Estaban and Martin ..look at those shorts!

I moved into the lovely Chillhouse a few days before new years with the incredible Estaban, Antoine and Martin at the suggestion of my friend Zeina.  Best thing i did.  It´s like home and with some of the loveliest people you could ever hope to meet! I also met Jane who i spent some great days with including the last day of 2009.  We went into Palermo trying to find a white outfit (which backpacker has white in their backpack?!) to wear to the NYE party the hostel was throwing.  We stopped for a spot of lunch on a terrace restaurant in Palermo with a bottle of wine, a nice salad and 35 degrees of heat.  Not a bad way to see out the year!

NYE was spent in the hostel with sushi and champagne flowing.  I had one of those incredibly rare days where i drunk myself sober.  Amazing.  Wine and champagne all day and all night without a hint of drunkeness or hangover.  New Years was bought in with a pop of a champagne corck, a hug with Jane and hundreds of fireworks being let off in the city which we watched on the terrace.  Bring on 2010 and all it holds!

I saw in the first few hours of 2010 dancing to some interesting music until the wee hours and laughing at the various dance moves some of the guys from the hostel were pulling.  Highly entertaining and a lovely way to see in the year.

Estaban and Martin ..look at those…
Estaban and Martin ..look at thos…
Antoine looking devilish!
With Jane, Rob and Mark
Matthew and Jody
Matthew and Jody
Buenos Aires Hotels & Accommodations review
GO HERE! Brilliant place. A small reconverted house with 10 rooms and the most wonderful hosts you could ask for. Great beds, clean, great location,… read entire review