Adios Latino America, Hasta Pronto

San Jose Travel Blog

So here it is.  The final entry from Latin America.  It's been the most incredible 11 months of my life.  I've learnt a new language, met new friends, visited places I've dreamed about for years, learnt about cultures and traditions different from my own and realised a life long dream.

Many people travel to "find themselves".  I feel this trip wasn't about so much as finding myself but growing into myself and accepting myself.  I had no idea what adventures or friendships awaited when I boarded the plane with a one-way ticket in Quito all those months ago. The vibrancy, energy and vitality of this continent is spell binding.  I will be forever changed, stronger, more aware of life as a result of my time here.

I thought i'd feel sad at leaving but I actually feel peaceful and I feel satisfied and satiated.  At the tender age of 28 I've achieved my life long dream.  I feel nothing but pride and happiness right now.  I've been blessed by this journey and I intend to keep its warmth, friends and teachings with me always.  It's with a sense of excitememnt and renewed vigour I go back to London.  I cannot wait to see my family whose support and strength have given me both the wings and roots that have allowed me to do this trip and my friends who I've missed but always felt supported by.

The great thing is that the journey isn't over quite yet.  I have 5 days to spend with my aunt and uncle in New Jersey.  I'm to be reunited with my Auntie Claire who joined me in Colombia and my Uncle Ken, it's sure to be a great 5 days.

San Jose