Baudette Travel Blog

cool rocks under a bridge

Next stop was Baudette, also on the border.  Just before town, I crossed a little river and noticed some neat rocks below.  I pulled off in the wayside, even though it was closed for construction.  I walked down to the rocks and climbed around a little before feeling guilty about being parked in the wayside.

I stopped to see Willie the Walleye statue and then on to a park where I could see the bridge to Canada.  I considered driving over into Canada for dinner, but the guy at the Duty Free shop said that they only had a Chinese restaurant over there, and it was probably closed.  So I asked him to recommend a place in town.  He rattled off 3 restaurants, but didn’t mention the place my guidebook recommended, The Ranch House, so I asked him about it.  He said it wasn’t popular with locals.  So I went to Northlake Cafe by his recommendation.  It was pretty good.  While there, a local family came in with some visitors and explained how no one goes to the Ranch House unless they wanted breakfast, or were hungover.  Ha ha!  My food was pretty good and I was nice and full as I went off to Zippel Bay to find a campsite.

cool rocks at a wayside