Autumn in Dublin

Dublin Travel Blog

Dublin Door. The red door and half round above ornament
This is probably my 10th blog about Dublin as every trip that I made so far has to start somewhere and Dublin is where I reside. The way this site documenting the trip chronologically by day and place is interesting and fun to write about. I like the green map and the blue path!. It will not be for long as the next blog when I leave this Guiness Town will be the penultimate one.

Today I’m just preparing stuff for my Balkan trip tomorrow. This will be my most unprepared one as I don’t plan on bringing any guidebooks of 5 countries that I’m going for. I saw one at the bookshelf and its freaking thick! And I’m only going to 'Western Balkans,' which includes the countries of Albania, Bosnia & Herzegovina, Croatia, Montenegro, Kosovo, Macedonia and Bulgaria for merely 1 and half day in each capital cities.
Autumn sunset by Liffey River
What I do is only printing necessary map from the net. What’s coming on my way will be much exciting than having the ideas from guide books beforehand. I also realized that there’s not much guidebooks about that region, which means it’s not highly travelled yet. Or political reasons and civil war in the 90’s made the region less travelled.

I planned on going to Serbia from Sarajevo then to Sofia by sleeper train. But Serbia requires me to get visa prior arriving which will take 2 days to process. And I planned on getting one in Sarajevo where I’ll be staying a night only. Time constraint forced me to divert the route. It’s not worth it to get visa for only a daytrip passing through. I’ll land in Zadar Crotia , make my way to Split,Dubrovnik then to Mostar. From Sarajevo I’ll be going to Podgorica( Montenegro) then to Skopje(Macedonia) and last stop will be Sofia to catch return flight. There’s not much info on bus schedule and fares online. Anticipating an exciting trip as the sense of not knowing things will enrich the trip I hope.

This would be my most fascinating trip yet as I will pass 2 hemispheres by 1 week apart as I’m heading to South Africa when the Balkan’s finished. Autumn in the Balkan and spring in South Africa. So excited!!

www.travbuddy.com
lwatkins47 says:
yep
herman_munster says:
Haha thanks. I just done the other part of the trip which was South Africa last week. Sorting out pictures and writing up journal.Thanks in advance for reading :)
lwatkins47 says:
Autumn in the Balkan and spring in South Africa. So excited!! How cool is that. Not so many years ago that would nbot have been possible. You go guys!
Posted on: Nov 06, 2009
Dublin Door. The red door and half…
Dublin Door. The red door and hal…
Rathmines my neighbourhood