The sun & Shawn were waiting for me :P

Guayaquil Travel Blog

arriving to Ecuador
Flight was nice as usual and didn't last long. Grrr, I made the same mistake as last time when I was flying to Ecuador. I started to watch a film, but didn't have enough time to watch it completely. Now, I wouldn't know how the movie ended, but I'd remember the name to look for it in my flight back home, hehe.

It was 12:30 when we landed. Yes! It was sunny here, yay!!! We are going to the beach, awesome! While I was clearing customs, I got a phone call from Shawn, he just arrived from Quito and was already outside waiting for me.  It didn't take me long clearing customs and getting my bag. I think that not even 20min.

When I went outside I saw Shawn, but don't know if he was more surprised to see me walking wearing boots or escorted by 3 policemen, hahaha.
streets in Guayaquil
I was thinking how rude was the guy who was checking the bags, when a policeman approached and offered to help me with my bag - how nice! Then his friend was making fun asking him why he was only interested in helping girls, hahaha. Then the other friend joined and we ended up walking together, hehehe.

It was so nice to see Shawn again. We'd leave to Manta now. He has friends there and spending his birthday there would be so great. The last few days we were talking about how to go to Manta and if we should rent a car, but at the end we decided to take a van (instead of the regular buses) and drive to Manta. We could rent a car there if we'd like to go to other towns nearby during the weekend.

While I was in Lima I contacted the Manta Express company and did a reservation for both of us. They'd pick us up from the airport. We waited for them outside. OMG! It was really warm there. So good, I changed my long sleeve sweater for a non sleeve shirt before arriving to Guayaquil. We waited for around 20min for the taxi. Maybe a bit less, but if felt like a really long time.

We drove to the office where we would start our journey to Manta. As scheduled, the van left at 2:30pm. We didn't have time for lunch, but the van should stop somewhere half the way to Manta and we'd be able to grab something to it. Ok, adventure was officially getting started, yay!
the arrival area