A rough road surrounded by Dr. Seuss' trees

Jipijapa Travel Blog

a ceibo aka Dr. Seuss' tree
In our way to Manta we'd go through Jipijapa town. I read about it before going to Ecuador last time, since this is also a famous spot for Panama hats, but we wouldn't stop here, just cross it.

In order to go to Manta you have to leave the Guayas province and go into the Manabi one. Well, roads in Manabi were in so bad conditions that drive took longer than usual. We were warned about that in Guayaquil, so it wasn't a surprise, but it was a rough road... We stopped at a gas station to get something to eat or drink. Shawn got an empanada and I just got something to drink, wasn't hungry, strange... well, I was saving space for Manta, hahaha. We'd stay at Shawn's friend who is a cheff - yummy!!!

The landscape changed drastically. We left behind the big city and rice fields. Instead of that we were surrounded by the Dr. Seuss' trees. Finally I got their name: "ceibo". As usually they looked so dry, but hey! there was something hanging there, like cotton. A lady explained me that the ceibos produce like a whool, which they use to stuff pillows. I saw many stands along the road offering different size pillows, hehehe.

Hey! Road was nice and smooth again. Which meant we were getting closer to the city. Ok, I'm ready for Manta. Is Manta ready for me?
a ceibo aka Dr. Seuss tree