Starting the way back home :( with a delicious breakfast :)

Manta Travel Blog

view of an empty and quiet beach
I woke up early just to finish packing. First time my bag would be smaller in my way back home than at the beginning of the trip, hahaha. Well, there's always a first time ;)

Yesterday Shawn and me were talking about taking out Roger for dinner, but he wanted to cook, so we agreed to go out for breakfast next morning. Shawn remembered he went to the Oro Verde Hotel (a very nice and fancy one) and had a very good buffet breakfast once he was in Manta. So, we had a plan.

We arrived to the hotel at 8:30 and the buffet goes on until 10am, perfect 1 and 1/2 hrs of eating, hahaha. Why my last day was so sunny? I was thinking about leaving the guys and run to the beach for some sun tan, haha. Instead of sitting inside, we'd get a table at the patio. Place wasn't crowded and the day was so nice that sitting outside was the smartest to do.
Roger, Shawn and me after breakfast
Furthermore, you have a nice view of the beach.

Most of the crowd here were tourist and businessmen, so it wasn't a surprise to hear English. Ok, ready to go for food. Mmm, then I saw it a "Light" Table, just healthy food with low calories, perfect! First round was fruit and juice for me, while the guys got bacon, eggs, sausage, ham, bread, hahaha. Shawn was saying I should eat tons of fruit in order to make my money worth it, hahaha.

We got some coffe and were just chatting, then it was time for round 2. I prefer my strategy of keeping things slow. Round 2 was: piece of cheese, fruit, prosciutto and something Shawn found: "maduro relleno" which was a plantain stuffed with cheese, yummy! Food was very good, fresh and tasty. Day was nice and we spent a nice time just hanging out and relaxing. But it was getting late, it was time to leave.

Went back to the lobby and asked for our bags. The Van station was just crossing the street. After saying goodbye to Roger and thanking him for everything, we were ready to leave. The van was already there and didn't  have to wait more than 5 minutes for the deparature. This time they gave us the seats at the back, perfect we'd be able to take a nap. Oh oh! I forgot about the bumpy roads...

yadilitta says:
well, you weren't the only one, although I ate mostly fruit :P
Posted on: Sep 26, 2009
geerbox says:
I ate soooo much, pffff
Posted on: Sep 26, 2009
my healthy round 1
my healthy round 1
round 2. Love the maduro con queso…
round 2. Love the maduro con ques…
pool at the hotel
pool at the hotel
leaving Manta
leaving Manta
dr. Seuss tree
dr. Seuss tree
Manta Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Restaurant at Hotel Oro Verde - Buena Vista
Oro Verde is 5 stars hotel in Ecuador. It's very nice and fancy. We didn't stay there, but went to one of their restaurants for breakfast. They ser… read entire review
Manta