Starting a mini drive along the coast :)

Manta Travel Blog

important, having a map!
After packing a small bag, we were ready to leave. Our destination would be Puerto Lopez, but we'd stop wherever it looked nice in our way there, hahaha.  Well, there was no hurry and it was just 114km away. I felt sorry about leaving Roger by himself. His wife was supposed to arrive from the States, but there was a problem with some papers and she couldn't... well, we'd be back on Monday, hopefully he'd have good news for us.

It wasn't sunny, which was good, so I wouldn't feel I was missing any tan opportunity, hahaha. We started our way before 10am. The girl at the rental place gave us a map, but according to Shawn we wouldn't need it. Just in case I decided to bring it with us ;)

Manta is growing. We were staying just in the center of the city, but there is a lot of construction going in on.
starting the drive!
New condos looked very nice and mostly American style, like the suburbs. But Manta was more than just new buildings, we could also see part of the old town. Not so fancy houses, small and local, but also cozy.

The landscape leaving Manta wasn't that nice. It looked so... desert... Dr. Seuss' trees, dust... nothing else... and having a gray sky wasn't that helpful either, but at least the view of the ocean was nice. Shawn and me were making fun about the strange work schedules in Ecuador. Restaurants closed on Sunday - when most people go out for lunch or dinner. Offices opening late and closing early. So it surprised us to find people working on the road on a Sunday morning! Wow! Well, it explains why Manta has nice roads, good for them!
click!
click!
a church outside Manta
a church outside Manta
a desert...
a desert...
so cloudy
so cloudy
working on Sunday Morning, nice!
working on Sunday Morning, nice!
Manta