Entrance to Machalilla park

Machalilla Travel Blog

el islote - the small island
Machalilla is an important National Park in Ecuador. We visited part of it last time I was in the area, this time we would just cross it. Not enough time to stop and you should spend a full day here. Also it was a bit cloudy, so better just drive and stop if we see something interesting.

At the beginning it looked like a desert but the further we went from the coast it started to become green. Now, we could see some vegetation. The trees formed a nice tunnel, sweet! Well, we stopped to take some pics and walk a bit after having a big lunch, hahaha. But Machalilla also has a beach, so we drove there too.

As the others, this beach was practically empty too. Well empty of people, because there were several boats, fishing boats. I could notice there was some ads about whale watching.
yes, green! We can go now
Well, you could do it along the whole coast in Ecuador. The beach was small and didn't look touristy at all. This would be a  nice place if you want to scape from the loud city and just relax. It's a fisher men town, probably in some years it would become more popular...

Ok, it was time to reassume driving. When we were leaving town, we saw some handicraft kiosks, all of the handicraft was about shells. Of course! They have tons of them here, hehehe. I was still full, but my eyes got wide open when I read "Coco Helado". That was the most popular snack here. I was thinking about a scoop of coconut ice cream, but it was the coconut water and I don't like it, so keep on moving, hehehe. Puerto Lopez was waiting for us :)
all the boats