Packing & Errands

Miami Travel Blog

Desperately trying to lighten my load.  Have been building a pile of things to pack over the past month or so, and am trying to weed out all the excess.  Unfortunately, there really isn't much I can eliminate.  I've gone through the items at least five times by now, and will probably do so another five times before I finally zip up my pack and walk out the door.  How is one prepared yet frugal weight-wise at the same time?  Easily my biggest issue pre-departure.

That, and the whole netbook vs. MacBook debate: Do I buy a new lightweight yet crappy netbook to bang up or do I take my trusty MacBook, which is bigger, heavier, and loads more expensive to replace?  Thoughts?  Pointers?
domnicella says:
Yah, netbook won. Couldn't bring myself to risk the Mac. Very happy with my decision - nice and light and worry-free. Thanks guys!
Posted on: Sep 28, 2009
cja17 says:
Hope you went for the lightweight yet crappy netbook!! I've just made the same switch and am loving it - perfect for blogging, hotel booking and on-the road trip research. My MacBook is now gathering dust in a corner - too big and too heavy!!
Posted on: Sep 27, 2009
altmtl says:
I think I'll stick to pen & paper :) but I've been think ing the same thing.
Posted on: Sep 22, 2009
Please note everything is against …
Please note everything is against…
photo by: ellieperla