Merry Christmas from Koh Lipe!

Koh Lipe Travel Blog

Merry Christmas!

The south of Thailand is about as good as it gets, but that being said there isn't anything I wouldn't give to be home celebrating Christmas with my family.  I miss my family and friends immensely, and I feel so far and disconnected not being with everyone for the holidays.  It's been a good day, but an emotional and reflective one at that.  I am so fortunate.

For my Christmas feast I had green Thai curry.  Without exaggerating that was the best curry I've ever had.  Ever.  Fresh coconut milk and basil and lime leaves and crunchy vegetables?  Out of this world.  Redefined delicious.

I had a pineapple juice to round off the evening, and bought an entire bunch of bananas and some yogurt for my Christmas morning breakfast.  Talk about festive.

Is it still Christmas if you don't wake up to presents and fresh pine tree scent and fighting a losing battle against Dad & Wooz to sleep in past 7am fortheloveofgod?  And what about pancakes?  Who's going to pass out on Grama's couch after eating entirely too much pie?  And hold down the fort at the weenie table?  What if Santa doesn't find me?  Do I net double next year?  (Ahem, Santa, Pops, looking at you.)

Hope yours is a very merry.  Mine will involve sunshine and saltwater and possibly sea kayaking.  Which really, while the furthest thing from Christmas, isn't a terrible alternative.
mikkismith says: