Mellow in Singapore

Singapore Travel Blog

Back in Singapore for the week.  Been lounging by the pool, reading, swimming, eating as much imported cheese as I possibly can.  Trying to recharge for the next go-round.

It's amazing how tired travel has made me.  I don't think I fully realized just how worn out I was.  The constant go go go, always having to orient myself to a new place, the actual travel and navigating from Point A to Point B, scouting things out, thinking ahead, being time efficient, the complete lack of personal space, so on.  A fellow traveler made a comment nearly two months ago about how exhausting it was to travel on her own.  I politely smiled and nodded and thought "what the hell are you talking about, you wimp."  And she was only on her own for a few days before her friends met her.  Now that it's been a decent chunk of time and I've been fortunate to have had the last week to stay in one place and NOT travel, I've since realized there is some truth to her words.  Over time, the mental demands of travel begin to outweigh the physical ones.  It's exhausting.

And on that note, the pool is calling my name.