AsiaChinaBeijing

Girl After My Own Heart

Beijing Travel Blog

So there's a blog that I follow called "I am blogging from the future."  It's written by a one Miss Hana, whom is another friend I met through my friend Lisa.  Well, technically we haven't met yet as I haven't made it to her corner of the world, but soon.  Insignificant details, really.  The way Hana and I talk, I feel as if we're old friends.  Turns out I'm fluent in Hana and she can speak Meg; it's like we were made for each other.  I've already professed my love to her and everything.  No.  Really.

Anyway.  Hana's blog def makes my top five list, right up there next to dooce.  (Yeah, she's that good.  dooce good.)  Cracks me up every time.  I see eye to eye with her, and the things she talks/writes/bitches about are the same kind of things that happen to me.  That, and girl knows how to write.  Have you ever heard such eloquent prose?  It's a true gift to have "motherfucker" roll off the tongue so naturally.  I want to be like her when I grow up.

So out came this delightful little piece the other day (http://iambloggingfromthefuture.blogspot.com/2009/11/always-birthday-girl-never-bride.html) and it's too good not to share.  I don't think I'm under the same pressure to marry and breed (and if I am, Pun, hate to break it to you but the grandbaby thing isn't gonna happen for quite awhile), but I totally dig the "travel for the wrong reasons" bit.  And then you keep going and get to the Scottish vocabulary lesson involving a brilliant word I won't retype here for fear of shocking my dad so ferociously I'd hear him shriek all the way from here.

Point is, check her out.  Def worth the follow.  Hana rocks my world.
Beijing