Beer & Peanuts. Now all I need is a little football.

Takayama Travel Blog

Another good day to report in Takayama.  The sun came out, the sky is a brilliant blue, it's warm but not hot (70s).  Life is good.  Did my first batch of laundry this morning, and lucky for me, I have a room that would ordinarily house six all to my self.  Which means my laundry is spread out all over the place to dry.  Bought some fried rice and edamame from the grocery store around the corner for lunch, and took off for the north end of town to wander amongst the temples.  Poked around a few temples and a shrine or two, bought a cold beer and a bag of peanuts covered in who knows what (was hoping for the spicy wasabi kick but no luck there -- doesn't taste like much at all, just adds an extra crunch), and called it a (satisfying, successful, albeit short) day.

Don't plan on doing much else at all.  Prob laze about, write a few postcards, eat some crunchy peanuts, and try my best to leave the last 20 pages of my (so good!) book for tomorrow's train rides.

Now all I need is some football.  Too bad I can't fire up a reverse TiVo and watch the weekend's games before they're even played.  That would make my WEEK.  GO DOLPHINS!!!
fransglobal says:
At least, you can see baseball in Japan...
Posted on: Oct 01, 2009
Sanmachi-suji
Look at all the money in his mouth!
Look at all the money in his mouth!
Another sake distillery
Another sake distillery
This screams FOOTBALL!!
This screams FOOTBALL!!
Takayama Hostels review
Terrific J-Hoppers Takayama
J-Hoppers Takayama is fantastic. Centrally located, brand new (opened May 2009), clean, spacious, helpful staff, you name it. Modern facilities and … read entire review
Takayama