All Better

Luang Prabang Travel Blog

Night market street food
On Tuesday I finally got my down day; John left and I hung out in the lobby all day catching up on email and booking my flight home.  After milking the free wifi for as long as I possibly could, I hopped a tuk-tuk into town and found a new guesthouse to call home.  Aaron, Catherine and James, and Simon and Matilda were all in town, having arrived the evening prior after a three day trek in Muang Ngoi.  We rendezvoused for a late afternoon beer and street food for dinner from the night market.  It was great to see everyone again, and so nice to be enjoying myself after such an ugly weekend.

Ben, whom I met in Kyoto and scootered with in Jeju, was expected into town Tuesday night, which also had me pretty pumped.  It'd been months since we'd seen each other and we always had a great time together.  His bus was nearly two hours late but hey, this is Laos -- I don't think anyone would expect otherwise.  I was supposed to retrieve him at the guesthouse and bring him back to the gang for beers, but we were so excited, swapping stories and catching up, that by the time we made it to the bar it was pretty late.  The boys managed to chug one quick round before we were all but forcefully kicked out of the bar, lights turned off and the staff repeating "closed! closed!"

Ben and I then stayed up HOURS past my bedtime, talking our faces off like two school girls at a sleepover party.  It was a great night.
sylviandavid says:
Ha... sounds like you are having fun....
Posted on: Feb 20, 2010