Drive to Nayapul (1010 meters), trek to Ghandruk (1970 meters) 5 hours

Ghandruk Travel Blog

Wolfed down an amazing breakfast at our hotel and back in the car to drive to Naya Pul (1.5 hrs) to start our new trek to Annapura Base Camp (ABC). This was the eve of the last night of Tihar (Festival of Lights) so kids literally stop your car every couple  100 meters sing, dancing and asking for small change offerings for the festival. It was cute and at our 1st village we stayed was Ghandruk (beautiful views of a lush mountain valley with monastery below) we were entertained by singers and dancers after dinner. The whole place sat and watch by candle light. It was relaxing and a nice end to the evening and new beginning to Monique and I now being on our own schedule with our own guide and porter so is was all in all less like a military operation up a hill and more like a vacation! That is this teahouse (Gurung Cottage, family run business, mom, dad, 3 girls and twin 4 yr old boys) was one of the nicest teahouses we stayed at. I mean indoor western bathroom, clean tile showers with hot water….get out!! We were shocked and thrilled! Before dinner I practiced English with the twins by pointing to pics in magazines. It was great fun.
photo by: Stevie_Wes