Phuket and Phi Phi

Phuket Travel Blog

After the intense few days in Bangkok I was fully ready to hit the beach in Phuket! We arrived in the evening and checked into the Pineapple Guesthouse in Karon Beach. The plan was to meet up with other TravBuddies and friends we met along the way there. First the plan was that there would be four of us exploring the island together. In the end our group consisted of nine people from five different countries who had met each other in Thailand! The first couple of days we stayed in Karon area. I managed to completely burn myself, SPF 20 on my fair skin was not really enough..! I wasn't the only one though as it seemed to have been a common misconception.. :) Phuket mainly consisted of relaxation and having fun with friends. It was amazing to see how fast we all became good friends, didn't feel at all that we had only known each other for a couple of days!

On Monday we decided to head out to Ko Phi Phi to see the amazing islands and do some snorkling! We stayed at a cottage on the hills with a view to the sea. It was incredible! The pool was perfect for a quick swim :) After checking in, we went on a 6 hour boat cruise where we went around the islands with Captain Neal. It was so amazing! We stopped at a couple of places so we could go swimming and snorkling. Maya Bay from the movie The Beach was also on our list and it was truly like a paradise. The underwater world was fascinating with so many different kinds of fish and corals that you had never seen before. After the boat cruise we headed to the centre area for some dinner and afterwards to a beach party. It was awesome, I don't think I could have ever imagined that I would be there with all the great people I had met having the time of my life!

After one crazy night it was time to head back to Phuket. Two of us stayed still in the Phi Phi paradise so it was time for the first farewell. The rest of us came back to Karon. We met up on our last night for some dinner followed by drinks at our bar (as we called it) which was located just next to our guest house. It was sad to say goodbye to all the people who had made my time in Thailand absolutely fabulous! It was time on Wednesday morning to hop on the plane again and head out to Malaysia and Kuala Lumpur! Next entry will come from there ;)

*apple bottom jeans boots with the fur...* ;)

692 km (430 miles) traveled