Phuket

Phuket Travel Blog

Phuket was pretty much everything I expected it to be...AWESOME!!!Stayed at Karon beach area at Pineapple guesthouse, which turned out to be quite a good choise...cheap and very clean...also the owner is really nice.Some of the people I met at Bangkok came along and some new friends were made as well...in the end we had a group of 9 persons...thanks guys...I had so much fun with you all:)

Karon beach itself is very nice and the area is not that hectict that Patong area is...also the Kata beach is nearby (10min walk). Of course during the season times it might be a bit more touristic than it was now.

We (the group) also went to Phi Phi Island for a day as we wanted to see THE BEACH:) Best way was to take a minivan to the harbour and from there the ferry to the island...alltogether 700 baht. I wish I would have gone there earlier as the place was PARADISE. The scenery and all the beaches were beautifull, but the island is also a bit more expensive, should one do any shopping. Usually travel guides say that there isnt any budget accommodations but that is just bullshit...you can find many cheap accommodation choices once you get there. We stayed at PP Inghu Viewpoint bungalos that situated at the hill...but its only 5 minutes walk to the beach and restaurant district...after all the island is VERY SMALL!!!After finding accommodation we decided to take one of the package tours to THE BEACH (from the movie)...one can find lot of different packages in different prices...we choise Captain Neils sailing boat ( 1500 baht/person ) and it was going to be only for our groups use:) The package included lunch/drinks, visiting monkey beach (feeding monkeys), snorkeling, visiting The Beach, ceiling and romantic sunset moment...it was definately the best day I spent in Thailand. In the evening it was time to party...beach parties can be found all over the place with fire shows etc.

I wish I could have stayed there a bit longer but now its time to move on to Kuala Lumpur...twin towers here I come :)+
692 km (430 miles) traveled