Bangkok

Bangkok Travel Blog

Wow...the journey has started! First place that I'm visiting is Bangkok..a very nice start to experience the southern east Asia. I landed to Bangkok with my friend on 14th September, after a long flight I was feeling very surreal and the excitement was starting to kick of. At the airport I had the first contact to Thai people...Taxi Taxi..very cheap,,where you going???WOW!! Well with our huge backpacks the only choice for us was a taxi..of course one can take also a bus from the airport to Downtown...but the price is allmost the same at least if you are 2 persons.Well..after the flight I was graving for a smoke...went outside and felt the heat and moist immediately...amazing!

We heard earlier that Khao San Road is a place where packbackers should go so of course we head it there at first. Well got there..tried to find a cheap hostel and we sure did (New Joes Guesthouse) but the room was terrible > bedbucks, mold, ants etc. Well for few nights it was ok for us. Khao San Road itself is very touristic, a bit more expensive than other areas and mainly for the pupose of PARTYING! Few nights were definately enough. The grand palace was quite near to Khao San and is definately a place one should visit > amazing architecture, paintings and culture. Now we have come to the center of Bangkok and it feels like a totally different world :) Now staying at Asha Guesthouse which is very cheap as well but much better and cleaner than the earlier one. Food has been very good...tasting a lot of new spices, fruits and some other things I have no idea what they are.

During these few days I have allready met some awesome  people from England, South Africa, Canada and Belgium. Everybody is so helpfull to eachothers and you feel like close friends immediately :) Cant wait for the upcoming days :)

Dina

Bangkok Hostels review
Very cheap but good value for money. Clean rooms, free internet, free laundry, friendly staff and a small pool. Located in the center of Bangkok. S… read entire review
Bangkok Hostels review
Very cheap but not that clean at all. Experienced bedbucks, ants, mold and a bad smell. For few nights for budget travelers doable.
692 km (430 miles) traveled