Edinburgh at Night

Inverkeithic Travel Blog

Edinburgh Castle at Night
I had the most an interesting journey this evening. While out for dinner I decided to go find a fire station to look at. I found a cabbie and told him to take me to a firestation that he knew of. Next thing I know we're in the next county in a village called Inverkeithic and I owe him 35 GBP. Thank goodness I had 40 on me. I went in and talked to the guys who were very cool. I unfortuntely didn't have my camera as the plan was just to find one and come back for pics the next day. One firefighter named Andy Hunter showed me around a bit and I had a good talk with the whole 7 man crew there. I've been learning more and more about this British/Australian way of firefighting since I met Darren and I learned a fair bit more tonight. I told them how I ended up there and they got a laugh out of it and were good enough to call me a cab which took me to the train station. From there I boarded Scotrail and roade back to the Waverly section of Edinburgh. I jumped in a cab there and rode back down to Grassmarket back to the old Apex Hotel. The trip back only cost me about 12 GBP. So now I know how to get places here. LOL!
After making it back to the hotel I headed out in search of entertainment and ended up on Victoria St. in a place called Finnegan's Wake. The live band was called Absent Friends and they were quite good. I tell you though you haven't lived until you've stood in an Irish bar in the middle of Scotland and listened to an Irish band play Sweet Home Alabama. I tell you it was great stuff.
Here's a write up on the place: http://www.bestpubs.co.uk/layout0.asp?pub=105921
Make sure to check it out if you're ever here. Well thats all for tonight I got to hit the rack. So I leave you with a photo of Edinburgh Castle at night..
photo by: nhces29