Journey to Incredible India 2

Amsterdam Travel Blog

Amsterdam - Schipkol
When I got onto plane, I was absolutely amazed, how big it was!!! Airbus 330, very comfortable, nice staff and handy in-flight entertaiment.

We were afraid about the flight time (9 hours), but it went very well. We were chatting, watching movies, got a delicious meal and I was even offered a complimentary white wine, so I said yes! I was enjoying my meal and my wine, looked out of window, and that was exactly the point, when I got into "vacation mood" :-) aaah, I could tell! I can even feel it now, while I am writing this review.

We got closer to Mumbai, it was at deep night already and I could see the city! It was amazing! When we landed I still could not believe I was in India and how easy it was to get there... Customs went well, we got a stamp (I was very happy, lol) and then went into arrival hall.
A 330 NWA

I have never ever seen so many people behind the window! It seemed to be a different world already, but very interesting. We got some Ruppies at the airport, because we needed some money for taxi. They told us, they had the best rates in whole Mumbai, but it is not true, of course!!! It was quite expensive + fee, so change as little as you need, when you will go there.

Because it was my first time in such exotic country and I was very tired, I did not want to bargain about fare to the city centre. There is a desk in the arrival hall for buying tickets for taxis, I think it cost us 450 Ruppies - Blue taxi, it is supposted to be air conditioned one, but its crap :) Black yellow taxis are a bit cheaper, so go for them - you have to mention it.
A 330 NWA

We got out the hall and the warmth was unbelievable!!! It must have been something like 30 degrees at midnight! We loved it! :-) So we finally got to our "West End Hotel". It should have been 4 * hotel, but it is India, so it looked like 2 *, quite old fashioned, but I did not mind it at all, I am not fussy :) It was quite ok price for quality and location. Hotels in Mumbai are expensive! It is hard to find a good deal. Our room was soooooo huge!

So we ate a little snack, had a shower, a drink of strong alcohol brought from home (its qood againts diseases) and went to bed. We were very happy, that we had managed the journey safely and could get some sleep.
Amsterdam