Beautiful south Goa - Utorda Beach, Majorda Beach and Colva Beach, Panaji

Goa Travel Blog

We also wanted to see south Goa, so we hired a taxi for entire day and it cost us 1000 rupies, but we had to "have a look" at a shop selling handcraft products, which was very expensive and we were not interested in it anyway. But we had to go there, because the taxi driver got 200 rupies for our visit. He said he had been given just 100 and wanted us to go to a different shop, but I refused it. You just have to show them sometimes, that you pay for the taxi and want to go, where you want, not where he wants you to go. I guess you know how diffucult it is to get out of the shop.

The journey after "shopping" took about an hour, we passed the capital of Goa called Panaji and arrived at Utorda Beach. We were alone there and we were very impressed by the view and long beautiful beach.
It was boiling in the sun, but we enjoyed walking around and in a "palm forest" :-)

The taxi took us to Majorda Beach and we stayed there for few hours sunbathing, swimming in the sea and enjoying the breathtaking views. We had a lot of food from a blue shack run by man from Tibet. He was extremly nice, always smiling and had delicious meals, so I would reccomend you this shack to eat. I chatted with Indian woman for a long time, who spoke very good English and finally bought a little magnet from her. Well, I had to, but it was worth it and I wanted to buy one anyway.

After few hours in the sun, when the evening was getting closer, we went to Colva beach, which is also very famous, especially for Indians. They like going to the beach and it was full of them. We bought ice cream and had a little walk around. We were offered skydiving and other sports many times, so if you like this kind of fun, you should go there.

Our last stop was in the capital and it was dark already. There is a nice church in the middle of Panaji worth visiting, the streets were busy in the night and the athmosphere felt good there. India is a very safe place (not like Europe), so we were not afraid of going around the town, even in narrow dark streets. We actually got to the hotel very late, but it was a very interesting day for us and we finally gave some extra money to our driver as he was a bit moaning at the beggining :))