Meetup at Izzi Pizza Oakwood

Jakarta Travel Blog

Me and Rini

Rini (rintjez) is moving to town! Yes, finally, after several meetups and a trip with our beloved friend who worked in Pekanbaru - Sumatera, she finally decided to move to our beloved town Jakarta. We thought we should make a big meetup to welcome her here.

We posted a thread in a forum so that nobody would not miss the information about this meetup, as before, we always did that by texting or calling each other and there were always those who were missed to be informed!. After discussing about the venue, with different ideas, we finally decided to choose the Izzi Pizza in Mega Kuningan. Special thanks to Sandy (sandy_ryanto), also Rizky (rizky_wisnu) and Rony (meetmadman), I bugged them through chats while they were working and they helped me a lot by giving me good options for the venue!.

The meetup was scheduled at 5pm and when I arrived, there were already some friends already sitting there: Alice (msSleep), Simsim (justasimsim) and Aswin (aswinfahrizal). I was not late, they were just too early! haha. After some hugs and talks, finally came one by one, Bill (silverium) who also just moved to Jakarta from Malaysia, then Vina (iamvina) who was just back from the Church. Some were stuck in a Sunday traffic. Then Rony and Yanti (YantiSoeparno) showed up. But where was the guest star?? She did not show up until 6.30!! Oh well, traffic jam...haha, the most common excuse in our beloved town, Jakarta!! Rini came with Sandy and his friend.

The whole group!
Rizky and Siska (ffransiska) told me earlier they could not make it as they had something urgent to do.

Later while we were talking and laughing, suddenly there was this guy coming and asking,"Hi, are you guys from TravBuddy?" Nobody answered for some seconds, then someone said, "Oh, yes, we are. Who are you?" Haha, there was a new guy, Wibisana (wibisana)! Welcome to TB btw!

Thanks to those who came, it was a fun evening, even we canceled going to karaoke as we were too tired that we also had go back to work again the next day and it was already too late. We also discussed about a bigger trip together and some other events for TBs, but it was all just a discussion until we had to say goodbye. We will have another meetup soon though and more discussions! See you all! :)

Those who came:

9. Simsim
10. Rony
11. Wibisana

X_Drive says:
Meetups are so much fun!!!
Posted on: Sep 25, 2009
rintjez says:
Thanks for welcoming peeps....

It was a great meet up!!!
Posted on: Sep 13, 2009
Rini, Rony and Me
Rini, Rony and Me
Jakarta Restaurants, Cafes & Food review
Groovy Ambiance at Izzi Pizza Oakwood - Jakarta
I always like Izzi Pizza, mostly for the place and atmosphere. Good staff and food, with the great interior design. Oakwood is one of their new br… read entire review