Visiting my cousin

Cirencester Travel Blog

My cousin was in England for two weeks, living with a family in Amberley (a small village), in order to improve is English during summer holidays. It was a good opportunity to spend time with him; we had not done that for so long…

We did not want to spend too much time driving, so we just went to wander in a nice village in the area, Cirencester. There is a museum (Corinium Museum), but we did not visit it. We just prefered walking wherever and talking soooo much about anything :)

It was an important town during the Roman time (second largest city after London!); so just by wandering around we saw nice buildings and, on the Market Place, the pretty St John Baptist church. It was rather animated, especially around shops. We went up to the park (not really impressive) and passed Cecily Hill which is very pretty and a must-go in Cirencester for me!

Later, we had a nice dinner in a pub in Amberley with a very nice view of the countryside. It was fabulous and we really had a great time. The family he was staying with is really nice. Their hospitality was so lovely and incredible! We really had fun talking about differences between France and England, as they lived in France few years ago.

I left the next day, after a short walk in the countryside.

++ FEW PICTURES BY MY COUSIN LATER ++

My summary

• Time spent there : few hours
  • Things to do: 6/10 (nice to visit if you are in the area)
  • How I get there : by car, very easy to find a car park