Tour in London

London Travel Blog

My brother’s girlfriend was in London for a day: arrival in Waterloo Station at 9AM, departure same place at 6PM.

As it was her first visit of London, we tried to see famous places and monument. Here is the “tour” we did:

-          From Waterloo Station to Westminster, by foot

We walk along the Thames to see the London Eye, the Parliament with Big Ben and Westminster Abbey and wandered around. Westminster is 5-10 minutes walk from Waterloo Station, so it was a step we couldn’t miss!

-          Oxford Street, underground

She wanted to go shopping in London, the city has such a reputation about it! I am not in fond of shopping, so I did not really know where to go to have nice independent shops… That is why we went to Oxford Street, obviously full of shops, but finally almost the same we have in Paris, or anywhere else in England. Whatever, it was enough for her to see that English fashion is particular and prices expensive compare to France!

-          Covent Garden, underground

We wandered in Covent Market and some shops around. Covent Garden is an area I really appreciate; I am a bit like a kid with those gadgets everywhere! Moreover, there are some shops around, and it is really quieter than Oxford Street!

-          Piccadilly Circus, by foot

Her collegues who joined us earlier wanted to play some fruit machines and poker. There are loads of “casino games” in Picadilly Circus. Betting games like that are forbidden in France, so it was a big attraction for them! I prefer video games (I don’t see the fun in loosing money!) so we did some dance and percussions!

Afterwards, we wandered in the area and had few pints in a pub: I think the pub is a cultural place that you muss not miss in England!

-          Soho, by foot

I like those kinds of areas in a town where the atmosphere is really special and different from the rest of the city. It must be a very nice place at night!

-          Trafalgar Square, Westminster, Waterloo Station, by foot

On the way back to Waterloo Station, we stopped at Trafalgar Square and came back by Westminster to Waterloo Station.

London