Moving to Basingstoke

Basingstoke Travel Blog

Here we are. I leave Newbury for a village near Basingstoke, in Hampshire. I will miss the picturesque Newbury as Basingstoke is a "new big" town, created to lighten London. Basingstoke is much bigger and closer to the south coast than Newbury, but I don’t like it at all. Actually there is quite a lot to do, with a huge shopping centre and leisure centres, but I really don't like the atmosphere in the town. I am glad to live in a little village close to it, where people are so much friendly!

However, it is less than one hour from London and not far away from many cities in Southern England, and that is obviously a great advantage! Even if I will have less spare times from now, I would like to take this opportunity to go to:

Salisbury, Portsmouth, Bournemouth, Southampton, Cornwall, Isle of Wight, Weymouth, Cambridge………

Any suggestions in Southern England are welcomed!

I have already visited the Willis Museum in Basingstoke, on the Market Place. It is a funny museum to follow the history of Basingstoke with loads of real objects and reconstitutions.

keeweeset says:
You're sound like me. I could probably open my own tourist info by now =)
petit_gooroo says:
thank you for the recommendation! I think I've got a brochure about it (I've stolen so many brochures at the tourist information lol), I will have a look !!! =) =)
keeweeset says:
Have you been to the New Forest yet? In Brokenhurst you can see the horses walking through parts of the town. Some parts have gates so only people get in there and no horses =)
photo by: vulindlela