Bristol Travel Blog

Even if the weather was not motiviting me during winter (cold, wet and dark from 4PM), I decided to go to Bristol for an afternoon, taking the opportunity to travel with friends who were going there to see a musical. As Christmas was coming soon and I decided to come back home for it, I visited the town with a small budget plan : just walking in the streets and enjoying what was great to see.

Bristol is in Somerset, a little bit further than Bath (around 30 km).

I first went to the Cathedral, which is amazing. It is probably the main outdoor attraction in central Bristol, with the University. Unfortunatly, there was a work on it when I came. Whatever, it was still fascinating to look at the architecture. I just walked and walked all around the historic Bristol.

I did not spend the night there, but I saw while I was walking in the streets a lot of places (for instance thoses promoting live music) which promise a great nightlife.

I really regret not to have seen the Suspension Bridge, but by foot it was too far away !

My summary

• Time spent there : 1 afternoon
  • Things to do: 7/10 (nice cathedral and full of life)
  • How I get there : by train, station Bristol Temple Meads then a bus to the town centre
photo by: petit_gooroo