Brighton Travel Blog

Brighton... my heart beats faster when I think of it, it was so great!

The sea, the beach and parties! Two days to experience the town and I felt in love with it... I will come back there in summer!

The beach is different than the French ones where I always go (Morbihan, west of France in Britany), with pebbles instead of rocks. All along, there are shops and discos and a place with artists. The landscape is sliced in two. The West Pier, after several fires, is like a ruin. The Brighton Pier is a big attraction, with fares above the sea, gamble games, shops and restaurants.

In the town centre, I really loved the lanes, small streets with original shops. The Royal Pavillon is one of the most amazing architecture I have ever seen : an oriental palace right in the middle of an English town!

In lot of shops, pubs and discos, you have reduce prices for students.

The nightlife is really great there. People are open-minded, prices are not so high thanks to the student prices and you have got a lot of places to party!
It is a nice place to be for live music too. That is really somewhere I would love to live!

My summary

• Time spent there : 2 days
  • Accomodation: B&B near the Brighton Pier, 45£ for 2 persons (negociated, without breakfast)
  • Things to do / nightlife : 10/10 (I loved the atmosphere, people and places... and the beach :)
  • How I get there : by car, I found a free car park but a bit far away from the town centre
travelman727 says:
I love your summaries :-) You've done a great job of describing my home away from home (three of my best friends live in Seaford, East Sussex - just east of Brighton on the coast).
Posted on: May 12, 2007
If you are scared by Alfred Hitchc…
If you are scared by Alfred Hitch…
photo by: petit_gooroo