Bath, 1st act

Bath Travel Blog

Bath is situated at the south west of England, in the district Somerset. It is a very ancient town (800 BC).

For my first visit, as it was cold and rainy, I mainly spent my time in the Roman Bath. Located near the pretty Cathedral in the town center, the museum is one of the most interesting I have ever visited. Even if it is expensive, around 10£, the visit lasts more than 2 hours. Of course, the main attraction is the bath and its secrets, but it is also a museum to learn how people were living at this time, with lot of objects and some reconstitutions. The explanations are really well made, even if sometimes it is a little "too much", but you can skip them as well.

For those who like arts, you can go to the Victoria Gallery. It is near the weird Putney Bridge.

I really appreciated the city. With its white stones for the buildings, Bath is really pretty and appeared to me very clean! I came back there later, when it was sunny and warm, I will post a review of it (I try to keep the blog in a kind of chronological order!).

My summary

• Time spent there : 1 day
  • Things to do: 8/10 (the town centre is really nice and I really enjoyed the museum with Roman Bath!)
  • How I get there : by car, I did not have any problem to park it in a car park near the town centre, but it was a bit expensive (around 5£)
Bath