Even more jet lagged

London Travel Blog

Kensington Gardens

I was up the entire night, sleeping maybe two hours because my room was like a sauna (and it smelled like dirty socks which I couldn't figure out- it smelled that way when I arrived).  I just laid there until the alarm went off and had a quick breakfast before the meeting.  The meeting organizers were fascinated by this little gizmo's where we could "vote" on different things and text comments to the electronically.  It was very annoying because they kept having us rate everything and text responses which took forever and seemed a huge waste of time.  I just kept looking forward to the hour and a half lunch break when I planned to take a nap before the afternoon session.  Just as it was time for lunch, they announced there were two lunch groups and I was in the bad group.

Kensington Gardens
  While the others went and had a nice buffet at the hotel restaurant, I was hustled into a small room with fifteen others who were forced to listen to another powerpoint while the food on the back table got cold.  A few people got up during the powerpoint and got food, making two or three trips even, but the rest of us felt that was being rude and suffered through the presentation.  The highly anticipated meal was not very good as it was cold and seemed like an after thought.  The worst part was that I ended up with no time for a nap which made it very difficult to sit through the rest of day.

After the meeting finished, a group of us decided to go out to eat right away so we could try to go to bed early.  We walked through the gardens and over to Harrod's where I bought some haggis!  I was very excited, it said it served two-three and was microwaveable.

Kensington Gardens
  And here I thought I wouldn't get to try it since I didn't have time for Scotland.  I had to hunt for a insulated bag so I could take it with me on my flight the next day, but it was well worth the few pounds just to try it.

We then had a good Indian dinner of way too mush curry, naan, and rogan josh before calling it a night.  I was careful not to drink alcohol or caffeine so I would sleep.  But unfortunately it was a repeat of the night before except this time I didn't sleep a bit.  Frustrated, I wandered the halls of the hotel without my contacts in from 1:30-3:30.  Some of the night staff asked me if I was a doctor which really confused me until I realized I was wearing my scrubs for pajamas.  I used the internet but as I reported before just as I was finishing my blog there was an energy surge and everything disappeared.  So I gave up and went back to my room.

Walking around London