¤ days in kullabygden

Helsingborg Travel Blog

windmil

4 days in Scania, Kullabygde and Kullaberg.

This is in the summer a really nice area for bathing and holiday.

At this time of the year in late august it is mostly clothed. Come hear in the evening. A little beat later than expected because it was so many people on the bus from helsinburg to høganes and the strandbaden. It was easy to found bus 220 to høganes but it was so many people. Probably because it was Saturday and people hade been to Denmark over the day. At this time this summer there was an offer for a ticket for al buses in skåne traffic and Denmark on the other side for 249 sek in to days.

I was suppose to stay at a place out side høganes on the strandbaden “ørestrand vandrer hjem og kursgård” it is a nice place on the beach just a 40 minutes walk from høganes.

krapparp castle

In those days in scania I was thinking sometimes that I could have had a car and done more, the walk and buses took there time and I didn’t reach all the stuff I wanted to see.

First evening I meet some other guests of the place and one said he could hear that I was from the north. So after just one day in Sweden I was back to my old accent of north SwedishJ

First day I went walking to krapparp castle just 40 minutes from the place I stayed. It was a small castle with a nice café. But not much to see as a historically place; the most was closed for tourists. On the way there I did pass a windmill and was thinking that we don’t have to go to Nederland to see them.

mølle
The weather was nice but it was a lot of wind coming in from the sea. So it was a beat cold for swimming but some people did anyway.

So after passing the castle I walk on to the small place mølle to see it. In old days in the beginning of the 19th this was a popular bathing place for whole Europe. Walked the on for the firelight at the end of kullaberg. It was a long way to go and I passed the golf club.

At last I was there and wished me hade a car. Hade also to walk back to mølle for the bus. Like an hour.

Second day I went to helsingborg but first to tourist information in høganes that hade one hour lunch and was closed when I come. So just went on.

In høganes I did read about a nice exhibition by Picasso but only open Wednesday to Sunday.

And some exhibition by Karin Larson at Sofiero castle but thought it would take to long going there by bus, if any bus did go all the way.

vandrarhem

It was sad; I think this art exhibition could have been interesting.

In Sweden they always have great lunch offered of warm food to lunchJ

So spend the day in Helsingborg

The next day I first did go back to høganes and the tourist office to get some information and did go to see the harbour in høganes and visit a really Swedish café. Out at the east cost of kullaberg there should bee a sculpture called “nemesis” but I have to walk to it. So took the buss to Arild, a place on the east coast. First to visit a nice summer café called “flickorna på skaret” I think this was the must expensively place I did eat at this tripe.

90 sek for coffee with wiener bread and a cookie. But it was nice here. Sitting in the garden and thinking about stuff but feeling a beat alone.

Than I just some hour to tray to rice the sculpture on the east coast. But it took to long and I hade walked a lot. So I just watch some surfers on the beach and went back to the hostel for a lost evening.

flickorna på skaret
flickorna på skaret
Helsingborg Hotels & Accommodations review
it is in a nice area cloose to the sea and goes a bus from helsingborg/høganes all up to the vandrarhem. but bee a word that swedish vandrerhem no… read entire review
Helsingborg