Getting to Granada !

Granada Travel Blog

Street life !

I have never travelled with anyone else before, but I had thoroughly enjoyed having Torunn with me for 3 and a half weeks. It’s been a lot of fun actually sharing the memories of everything I experienced with someone special. That time has been so nice that it has felt like a minute, next time we should allow more time, more countries, and more chill time( she didn’t like my pace of travel, even though I’m a slow one !)

I have a week and a half more travel time than her because I wanted to see if I could get involved with a charity program here, to help the stray dog , and to get a bit of surgical experience for myself. I had hoped to be a part of this program in Granada that does a lot of good work for the stray dogs and horses around.

Muchos people

So I went straight from the airport to the bus terminal to leave this dreadful capital. When I got to the terminal 3 men jumped in my cab and took my big backpack before I had even paid. It was very annoying, they were supposed to be “helping me” find the bus. It took some time before I could get him to stop carrying my backpack , I don’t need someone for that, and certainly don’t need some moron to show me where my bus leaves when there is signs everywhere. As I stood there talking to these guys, trying to leave me alone I could see my bus with “Granada” was leaving. It was the bus I saw when the taxi pulled up, the bus that these people had made me miss. So then one of these morons “helped” med find my terminal, and wanted money for his amazing service.

getting a haircut
This is the most pathetic way of making money I have ever seen ; offering a service that people don’t want or need , and then afterwards begging for money... Pathetic !

I got to Granada and roamed about in the boiling sun for some time until I found the centre and found a hostel. I was a bit depressed from not having Torunn with me anymore , so I didn’t bother with much sightseeing. It was a prettier city then Managua in any case. God it is hot ! Much hotter than Panama and Costa Rica, and no rain ! Must have been over 40 C most days I spent there , but I was just as happy, as I’m very warm blooded.

The mosquito here are nothing short of a true nightmare. I don’t think I’ve ever had more mosquito bites then in this place, but the thing is - I never saw any mosquitoes ! They are like ninjas ! I really hate them….

the city from the lake
I`m just sitting minding my own business, and then suddenly I have 15 red spots on my body, from my feet to stomach ,even in the face - without ever seeing any mosquito !

I went walking around the city and there was some decent colonial buildings around., and a very large food market. The food market was extremely disgusting. I got pretty nauseous from walking around amongst meat, chicken and organs lying for sale whilst rotting in the blazing sun with multitudes of flies circling it. No point in keeping anything hygienic.

Other than taking some pictures of the pretty houses, there wasn’t all that much to do in this town, which is just as well, as I had to start looking for jobs and such on the internet.

I went strolling to a nearby hostel that I have read of in the holy book, but had`nt found when I first arrived in town. I found it ,and they had a swimming pool ! Even though my hostel was good, I just had to change! The room was much worse, but who cares when you have a pool, right

the city from the lake
2 drinks for 1$ ,pretty sweet deal…
2 drinks for 1$ ,pretty sweet dea…
Hygiene is`nt an issue here
Hygiene is`nt an issue here
Market people
Market people
ohhhh
ohhhh
MArket life
MArket life
loads of horsecarts here !
loads of horsecarts here !
horsecart
big colonial church
big colonial church
the beach (don`t swim)
the beach (don`t swim)
They love baseball here !
They love baseball here !
They love basketball !