St. Thomas

Charlotte Amalie Travel Blog

This morning we pulled into the lovely St. Thomas.  I am very fortunate to have visited here 3 times.  I absolutely love this place!  After we docked, Rachel, Ashley and I walked to the Sky Ride at Paradise Point.  We booked our ride on the ship via Carnival and it cost us around $18.  It was within walking distance of the pier however if you choose to get a taxi they are readily available.  The Sky Ride was a really neat experience.  You are whisked away in a little cart and carried 700 feet up a hillside where you are rewarded with breath taking views.  At the top of the hill there are several places where you can take amazing photographs.  There are also a few shops, a restroom, and a restaurant where you can try Bailey's Bushwhackers.  I found an adorable sarong for only $5.  What a deal!

After we rode back down to street level we walked into Wendy's where we used the restrooms.  We ended up running into Justin and Robbie there, both of them with brand new tattoos.    They were heading off to explore the island on their own.  Us girls did some shopping at Havensight Mall.  Ashley and Rachel scheduled an excursion to Magen's Bay.  I opted not to join them.  Instead, I boarded the ship and enjoyed a nice lunch overlooking Charlotte Amalie.  After lunch I went back off the ship to do a little more shopping.
Charlotte Amalie