It's vacation time!!!!

Las Vegas Travel Blog

Today I left for Vegas.  Finally the day has come.  I know that I've only had this trip planned for like a month but I seriously couldn't wait for it to begin!  Things have been really stressful around here lately so this is a perfect getaway!  I flew on United Airlines from Washington Dulles to Las Vegas, with a connection at LAX.  Right before boarding I decided to see if there were any first class seats left.  Fortunately there were so I very happily upgraded myself for the 5 hour flight to Los Angeles.  I mean come on.. it's vacation.. and I deserve it!! Of course domestic first class can't even compare with international first or business.. but hey.. its still really good food and free alcohol!!  I can't think of a better way to start a weekend in Vegas!! Before I knew it, the flight was over and I was in LA for about an hour before leaving for LAS.
  That flight went by in the blink of an eye and before I knew it I was on the ground and waiting for Sal (sincitytraveller) to pick me up.  Once Sal arrived he informed me of what he had planned for the evening.  We started out having dinner at a place called Almaza (I think).  Another TB Andrew (UNLV) met us there.  Great middle eastern food finished off with some nice hookah.  After that we headed back to Sal's house to get changed before heading out to club for the evening. It was about 11:30 or so and we made our way to a club where Sal had managed to get us in VIP for the evening.  A bunch of Sal's friends joined us as well as an additional TB Brandon (Travelero). We soon found ourselves inside, gulping down the grey goose and dancing the night away.  I don't quite remember what time we ended up at home, but I'm thinking it was sometime around 4 or 4:30am!!   What a great first night!!!
Las Vegas