Volcano Trail - Day 7: Happy July 4th

Granada Travel Blog

Marketplace Bus stop
We all met in the lobby at 7:00AM and grabbed a taxi to the market where the chicken bus stop was located.  The bus looked like an old greyhound bus.  We didn't leave until the bus was filled with people in every seat and standing in the aisle. It was a pretty uncomfortable hour and a half ride to the beach.  We walked over to the Oasis Cafe/Hostel from the bus stop to find some surf lessons.  I pretty much just relaxed on a hammock on the beach the entire morning.  My leg was still pretty messed up so I couldn't go into the water.  The beach was nice, it reminded me of the beach back home in Southern California.

After a nice lunch on the beach, half of us decided to catch the bus back to the hotel.  This time the bus was even more crowded, luckily we were all able to find a seat.
Beach
   It was a very interesting ride back and an experience I rather not repeat. We cleaned up and picked up some food before meeting everyone in the lobby at 6:30PM for our journey to Granada.

We checked into our hotel and then freshened up for a night out on the town.  We met two Americans at the Pub and they joined us for the night. They told us that they were just robbed the day before in Managua.  They were exploring the markets during the day when a group of teenagers came up to them with knives and stole their bags.  Sadly, no one in the entire market tried to help them.

After a few drinks at the pub, we head over to Cafe Inuit for some live music and dancing.  It was extremely hot in there and crowded.  They had a live band that played a lot of salsa and then switched over to a DJ for a bit.  We stayed for a while before heading back to the hotel for some sleep.
Chicken Bus