Red Eye flight to Guatemala

Antigua Travel Blog

Chicken Bus
My flight to Central America on TACA Airlines was really cheap ($400 RT), the only downside was that it was a red eye flight.  Thank goodness I checked in online because when I got there the line was ridiculously long. The flight took about 5 hours departing from LAX at 1:45 AM. I've never flown on TACA before and it was pretty nice, they even served waffles for breakfast.  I had the hardest time sleeping from the excitement of actually flying to Guatemala and the uncomfortable middle seat. I finally reach Guatemala City at 8:20AM, picked up my luggage and met my driver.  I had arranged to be picked up and driven to Antigua through GAP Adventures to avoid any hassle. It was a nice drive despite all the fumes and smog being emitted from the many many chicken buses. These chicken buses were literally old American School buses that were painted flashy colors by the drivers/owners. I slept a bit in the car and knew immediately when we reached Antigua from the cobble stone streets. Checked into the hotel and literally crashed for the entire day. I was just so tired from the flight, I could barely get up to eat.
Antigua street