Day -08: Pre-trip preparations

Boise Travel Blog

Downtown Boise
It's the first day of Finals week here at Boise State University, and come Saturday I'll have a very expensive piece of paper in my hand with my name written all fancy-style on it.  I'm leaving in 8 days (!), and although I never thought I'd be able to wait for the day I got my diploma, it's actually been harder waiting to get on the plane to go to Europe three days after. :)

Things have been slowly falling into place as the countdown to launch continues, and most of the important big-ticket items have been taken care of:
  • digital camera
  • airline tickets
  • eurail pass
  • backpack
  • insurance
  • trail running shoes
  • a half-eaten taco bell burrito (as a last resort for homesickness).
    My beloved city of Boise
I've set up this here blog so that you, family and friends, can live vicariously through me in my adventures in Europe.  I'll be gone exactly 105 days (plus or minus 1-3 years, depending on if/how much jail time I serve ;).  Please be sure to subscribe to this blog so that you can get an email when I update this here blog. Or, copy this RSS feed link and use My Yahoo, My MSN, or My Google to automatically retrieve the latest.

I'm going to miss my friends and family, the city of Boise, and spicy chicken burritos the most.  Well, dollar tacos and beer on a cool summer evening after a grand day floating the river will also be missed sorely.

Anyways, if you have any recommendations about where to go/eat/drink/see stuff, let me know!  Also, if you'd like a postcard from a particular country/city, let me know as well, and I'll see what I can do.  I might even put a little lipstick kiss mark on it for you! (escort charges may apply)
SweetLeilani says:
Getting out of Boise - make that IDAHO - is pretty tough to do - add about $300-400 onto the plane ticket and you've found yourself a deal! I'm proud of you!!! Enjoy...
Leilani
Posted on: Jul 08, 2007
itsallison says:
ahh, I'm excited for you !
Posted on: May 08, 2007
Eric says:
Good luck on your trip! While you are in Interlaken you should check out Lauterbrunnen, a town that is about 30 mins away by train. One of the most beautiful places I have ever been to! Also, let me know if you need any tips for Rome, as I used to live there.
Posted on: May 07, 2007
Downtown Boise
Im leaving my beautiful street!
I'm leaving my beautiful street!
Boise