Full on Beach Day

Napili Travel Blog

So Joyce had the plan of visiting about 45 beaches within Maui, haha =) On the northwest corner of the island are a bunch of spectacular ones, including the one seen here - Napili Beach. Ultra calm water, wide open sandiness and accessibility only through a small footpath made this place ideal for an afternoon. We had previously tried to go to a known seal hangout, but found the Four Seasons (or was it Ritz Carlton) resort inpenetrable and the beach seemed to be behind their property. Sad that luxury resorts can do that sort of thing you know, block off beaches, etc. In most countries you can't put gates up around a regional resource such a beach, but America, well, you know the schpeel.

Napili is a great find. You can swim all the way out to some reef rocks about a mile out, there are no ships for miles and miles, and the people are really friendly.
You can park in an alleyway for free and walk the short distance to the ocean. Lots of people were snorkeling right here, so I imagine there are some fish to be seen right near the sand's edge.

I dozed for a bit. Beaches really aren't my thing, it's like solitary confinement for me but with pretty views. Afterwards we headed out to try and find some Okazuya (Japanese food) that was of course, in Lahaina, along with everything else! I had some lovely katsu, and nearly ate the whole thing. I guess sitting on my butt makes me hungry! Next door was a taco place that sold interesting drinks, and I don't know why, but the white guys here have this lovely combination of tanned skin and bright blue eyes that's kinda stunning. Joyce dragged me out of the taco shop and we picked up our hot plates of Japanese food. Good but not the best I've ever tasted, but definitely hit the spot =)

We have been missing sunset for whatever reason all week, probably watching TV or something! So we went out to the Marriott beachfront which we hadn't explored and was quite picturesque (but a bit filled with seaweed) and watched the joggers running by and the sun setting.
Lilliana77 says:
LOl.... on the blog's featured :P
Posted on: Nov 15, 2009
Lilliana77 says:
Jeeeeeeeeeen!! Congrats on the blog!!! :)
Posted on: Nov 15, 2009
jenn79 says:
Ana you are TOO KIND!!!! I owe it all to you, RJ and Vance actually - thank you two for smiling at so many pictures!! =)
Posted on: Nov 14, 2009